Main Content Area
LUX 2014 - a fine art photography journal
Theme:: "Uncanny Scenes and Dreams"
Deadline:: March 21st, 2013
Juror:: Andy Bloxham
Submit your best photographs which represent the idea of the "Uncanny".
Life is absurd, not matter how tightly we try to regulate it with rules, laws, social expectations and other conformist behavior. And, such regulation for normalcy can lose its hard protective layer and reveal the utterly bizarre and mysterious through the most unexpected ways. The Uncanny is commonly expressed in fictional literature, common mythologies, religion, news of the weird, and Hollywood cinema as a way to shake and to jolt the understanding of self and society. Dreams serve as a common platform for experiencing the surreal, but one can witness a moment, event, or scene that is equally stranger than fiction in nature, at home, or in the streets. The Uncanny can be found in a scene or constructed from a dream.
Any student currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year IL, KY, MO or IN educational institution. All work submitted must have been produced within the past two years.
SUBMISSION DETAILS :::
- Submissions will only be accepted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail Attention: Lux Photogenesis, Dept of Cinema&Photo, Mailcode 6610, SIU, Carbondale, IL 62901)
- Submit jpegs, sized 8 inches on the shortest end at 72 dpi.
- Save jpeg files with an RGB colorspace.
- Files should be named by artist's last name and numbered ( ex: Jackson_1.jpg)
- Fee is $5 for up to 3 entries or $10 for up to 8 images. (Make checks payable to SIUC or use the Paypal option, below)
- Entries must include entry form. DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM.
- Mailed submissions will not be returned.
- Entries that are incomplete or do not meet publication standards are disqualified & fees will not be refunded.
2014 DATES :::
- March 21st:: Entries must arrive (by Email- 11:59pm or by Mail - 4pm).
- April 4th :: Notification of Selected Entries
- April 11th :: Hi-Quality Print files of Selected Entries delivered to SIU Photogenesis
- May TBA :: Release of Lux journal
For more information, email Antonio Martinez, email@example.com. Subject Line - LUX 2014